OpenVidu is an open source video conferencing framework with a ready-to-use UI.
If you are using it as your baseline, then the script below is a good starting point.
The script below creates random rooms on OpenVidu. If you are using user authentication or need other means to create and join rooms, then you will need to edit this script a bit further. Otherwise, you can just use the script “as is” – just configure the probes the way you want it before running it.
Using the test script
In testRTC, create a new test script:
- Copy the code from the bottom of this article to your test script (or use the existing sample in your account)
- Decide the number of probes you want to use
- 2 Concurrent probes will be good starting point
- Set the Session size to the number of concurrent probes for this sample
- Replace the Service URL of the script with the URL where your OpenVidu server is located. The sample script was created in front of this URL: https://demos.openvidu.io/openvidu-call/#/
Run the script. It does everything for you.
If you want, you can join the same room from your browser once you see the URL in the progress messages of the test.
Test script code