Table of contents
Customers use the testing product to evaluate the performance of their application and optimize it. The testing environment provides continuous validation of the application’s performance. The performance chart generator is a feature of the test monitor that provides a simplified version of the more powerful Performance Dashboard, which allows users to view a graphical representation of up to five metrics related to a single test.
What are the benefits of a Performance Chart Generator?
- See how one metric can affect the performance of another.
- Pinpoint which metrics are affecting performance improvements over time.
- Select and view multiple metrics together to identify areas in need of optimization.
- View performance charts for a specific date range to help troubleshoot issues.
How to generate a Performance Chart
Navigate to upRTC > Monitors and select a monitor from the list. Then scroll down to find the Performance Chart Generator.
- Select up to five metrics by clicking on the Metrics drop-down menu and selecting the metrics you are interested in. Repeat the process to add more metrics.
- The default date range is set to 30 days. You can choose a custom date range as you prefer.
- Show/Hide Metrics by clicking on the colorful parameters above the graph.
- Drill down into the metrics by moving the cursor to different areas on the graph.
- The Average Performance indicator will highlight if the performance of the selected metrics has increased or decreased during the selected date range.
Viewing Parameters on the Graph
The metrics are automatically plotted onto the graph once you have selected them. You can view performance insights by moving the cursor to different areas on the graph. This will highlight the statistics for all selected metrics at that given time during testing.