The Video Quality Widget tests connect an actual video call to your infrastructure. This means you need to setup and allocate a media server for this test.
This test checks a live video call to your media server infrastructure, looking for bitrate, packet loss and other metrics that can be collected. The information can be provided for both the outgoing and the incoming media streams.
Estimated run time: 50 seconds
During onboarding we can:
- Decide on the length of the session to conduct
- Collect additional/different metrics
- The sample uses Vonage Video API (OpenTok)
- Available “out of the box”:
- Vonage Video API (OpenTok) routed sessions
- Twilio Programmable Video Group Room
- Change the timing of data collection (default is wait 50 seconds, measure the next 10 seconds)
- Make use of real camera or a virtual camera
The VIDEO QUALITY widget logs more information than is being displayed. This information includes:
- Incoming and outgoing quality metrics
- Network type of the connection
- Type of connection (direct or routed; over UDP, TCP or TLS)
- IP+port pair of the connection established
The following table outlines the default threshold for the values collected. These thresholds are customizable.
|Incoming packet loss
|Outgoing packet loss
When to use?
If your service has media servers to process video then this test will come in handy.