Running probeRTC installation on Windows requires you to download and run an executable file on your computer. The email you received, contains the unique API key you need to successfully install the software.
About this task: To install the windows application and start your probe, do the following:
- Download: Download Click on the Windows version link that you received in the email to start downloading the software.
- Locate: Locate the file in your “Downloads” folder. The default location is C:\Users\Downloads. You should have admin rights to download and install the software on your computer.
- Install: Double-click the file to begin the installation.
- Ignore warnings: If you receive warnings similar to the ones below, simply click on ‘More info’ and then click on ‘Run anyway’.
- EULA Agreement: If you accept the terms of the agreement click on “I Agree” to continue.
- Once the installation is complete, you can launch the probeRTC application.
- When you launch the app for the first time you will be prompted to insert an API Key. This the Probe ID that was sent to you by email.
- Open your email inbox and copy the Probe ID into the API Key field.
- Click OK to complete the setup.
- Probe is now active: Let the probe run for some time and then you can click on the SHOW LOG button to view the analytics of the test.
Results: Now that your probe is running you will have three options:
- SHOW LOG to view the results and depending on the frequency of testing that the administrator configured, you can check the results of your network connectivity.
- HIDE LOG (the opposite of ‘SHOW LOG’ ) to hide the logs.
- RESTART to begin the probe again.